In this blog, we will share the steps to create a new Network Security Group in Alibaba Cloud.
REQUIREMENTS TO CREATE NEW SECURITY GROUP
- Minimum free tier subscription with Alibaba cloud.
Note: Please follow this URL https://www.alibabacloud.com/getting-started/projects/alibaba-cloud-new-user-free-trial to create a free trial with Alibaba cloud.
VPC CREATION FOR NEW SECURITY GROUP IN ALIBABA
- Open the web browser and access the Alibaba cloud URL www.alibabacloud.com
- Click on the Log In link.
- Provide your login credentials and select Sign In.
- Click on the console option.
- Click on the button to expand the products list. Now select the Elastic Compute service under the Elastic Computing section.
- Click on security groups link under Networks and Security section.
- Select the region before creating any new resources.
- Click on Create Security Group Icon.
- We can use the existing security template (or) customize our own rules from the template drop-down list. In this demo, we select the webserver windows template.
- Provide the security group name and the relevant description.
- Select the network type as VPC from the drop-down list.
- Specify the existing VPC network to this security group.
- Ingress rules will be add automatically from the template. Click on OK.
- New windows will pop-up to create the ingress rules form your security group. Click on the Create Rules now.
- The new rules will be added in the Ingress section from the template.
- Our newly created security group is available on the list.
Thanks for reading this blog. We hope it was useful for you to know the steps to create a Network Security Group in Alibaba Cloud.